Lines wharf with ticket office at the T-head was severely damaged by
the hurricane. This view is to the east into Matagorda Bay. Remnants of
the wharves that serviced the ship traffic to Indianola still lie buried
in the bay. Both pictures can be found in "Indianola Scrapbook"
published in 1936 to mark the fiftieth anniversary of the 1886 hurricane.
Below: The pier to the far left is the Morgan Wharf. The
ticket house is located on the left side of the T-head.